Why Hire a Freelancer?
- Saves money – Short-term projects often require short-term solutions. Why hire a full-time resource, or have someone who is not an expert at writing take on your project? Save money on benefits, salary, vacation and sick time.
- Saves time – Why waste time learning the tools of the trade or pulling all-nighters to meet a tight deadline? Outsource it and let me focus on your project while you focus on your business.
- Improves your image – Get a fresh perspective on your business from someone who isn’t immersed in it every day. Sometimes bringing in a “dumb outsider” can generate insights that you might not have considered since you are so close to the process.
Hiring a professional to handle your writing tasks allows you to focus on what you do best: Running your business.
Don’t want to hire a freelancer for your projects?
Need to train your staff to better handle your writing needs? Look no further. Contact me and I'll create training that meets your specific needs and time frame.
What I Offer:
No matter the size, scope, or challenges facing the project, you will have high-quality writing that meets the needs of your target audience.
I have worked on hundreds of projects for local, regional and national businesses including Fortune 500 companies. using a variety of formats and applications. Everything from multi-volume technical manuals to marketing brochures, web-site copy, proposals, and promotional materials. I have over 20 years of experience dealing with real-world projects that impacted the bottom-line of the businesses I have served. I know what to do and how to get it done — before the deadline.
Get good writing at a good price. Less expensive than big PR or marketing firms, I may fit your need perfectly for those projects that aren’t big enough to hire a salaried employee, but are necessary to help with your business.
Some of the projects in my portfolio include: articles, user manuals, marketing brochures, web site copy, white papers, release notes, grant writing, proposals, and eBooks.
- Able Management Inc.
- Advocate Solutions
- Asymmetric Technologies
- Chemical Abstracts
- The Decorative Arts Center of Ohio
- Eastland-Fairfield Career and Technical Schools
- Forged Components, Inc.
- Getec Industrial
- Urbancode, Inc.
- CSG Systems, Inc.
- Lucent Technologies
- Micro Center
- Qwest Communications
- Telesis Technologies
- Tekwell Services
Want to see samples of my work? Check out my Online Portfolio.
How I Work
Free initial consultation – We meet to discuss the project, I ask questions about your needs and we discuss possible solutions. Next, I write up an estimate of effort and we discuss rates and costs for the project.
Since all jobs are different, a quote will be made after the free initial consultation. Short assignments are usually billed at a per project rate. Longer projects may be billed at an hourly rate. One third of the contracted amount is due up front with the rest due at mutually agreed upon milestones.
Revisions – Two rounds of revisions are included in the quoted price. Additional revisions are billed at an hourly rate.
- User manuals
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Release notes
- White papers
- Installation and operations guides
- Web-site copy
- Training materials
- Style guides
- Manuscript critiques
The Applications I Use
I am familiar with most applications commonly used for producing documents:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook)
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Framemaker Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe InDesign
- Confluence Wikis
- WordPress and more